“Need Assistance Getting a Community Gaming Grant?”
“Let Us Help You!!!”
Who we are:
The Northern Lights Community Charitable Gaming Association is made up of 39 non-profit organizations from Dawson Creek, BC and vicinity. We meet 4 times a year on the 4th Thursday of month in April, June, September and November at the Child Development Center 9001 10th Street in Dawson Creek, BC.
Our main purpose is to help advise and assist our members complete their BC Community Gaming Grant Applications so that they are successful in getting the grant funding they need, to help improve the quality of life for the people in the community of Dawson Creek and vicinity.
The areas of focus are Arts/Culture, Sports, Public Safety, Education and Human and Social Needs.
Our second purpose is to be a liaison between the Community Gaming Grants Branch and our members by conveying important policy and regulation information from the Gaming Grants Branch to our members as well as conveying any concerns that our members may have to the Gaming Grants Branch about the on line application; the interpretation of any of their policies and any of their regulations; or any issue they may have on the on line process itself.
Our final purpose is to advise and to assist members with the reconsideration process if their application for a community gaming grant is denied.
Therefore if you are confused about completing the community gaming grant application, or going through the application process especially on line, we can help assist you, advise you and guide you through the application process making sure you have all required documents attached so your non-profit organization has the best chance to succeed in getting a community gaming grant.
Important Dates and Events:
- Coordinator Linda Ash is available to assist you from March 1/17 to May 31/17.
- The Northern Lights Community Charitable Gaming Association is sponsoring a free Community Gaming Grant Workshop for Non-profit Organizations in the Peace River Regional District on Saturday, June 3/17 at the Calvin Kruk Performing Arts Centre 10401 10th Street Dawson Creek, BC. Delegate Sign-in is from 9:30 am to 10:00 am and the Workshop is from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. There are only 30 seats available so register before the May 31/17 deadline at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each organization can send 2 delegates.
- The application period for Arts/Culture and Sports is from February 1/17 to May 31/17
- The application period for the Parent Advisory Councils (PACs) and the District Councils (DPAC) is from April 1 to June 30/17
- Webpage was updated on May 10/17
Membership is now $10.00 a year for Non-profit organizations in Dawson Creek and vicinity.
Non-profit organizations located in Fort St. John, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge, and in the Peace Regional District are invited to join our association for $10.00 too, as Associated members. Members and Associated members have the same rights and free access to our services and to the information on the Gaming Association’s website http://www.northernlightsgaming.ca .
If you would like to become a member, or want more details about our association, please contact us by email email@example.com or by mail at PO Box 2054, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4K8. See Contact page for more details as well.