“Need Assistance Getting a Community Gaming Grant?”
“Let Us Help You!!!”
Who we are:
The Northern Lights Community Charitable Gaming Association is made up of 39 non-profit organizations from the communities of the Peace River Region of British Columbia. We are located in Dawson Creek, BC and we meet 4 times a year on the 4th Thursday of the month in April, June, September and November at the Child Development Center 9001 10th Street in Dawson Creek, BC.
Our main purpose is to help advise and assist our members complete their BC Community Gaming Grant Applications so that they are successful in getting the grant funding they need, to help improve the quality of life for the people in their area of the Peace River Region in British Columbia.
The areas of focus are Arts/Culture, Sports, Public Safety, Education and Human and Social Needs.
Our second purpose is to be a liaison between the Community Gaming Grants Branch (CGGB) and our members by conveying important policy and regulation information from the CGGB to our members as well as conveying any concerns that our members may have to the CGGB about the online application; and the interpretation of any of their policies and any of their regulations. This includes the reconsideration process if our members’ grants are denied, or any other issue they may have regarding the online application process itself.
Furthermore, we can also assist our members with their gaming event license applications, and their gaming event reports for the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB)..
In addition, we can provide assistance with any form that needs to be completed for the BC Registry Service, and their online service process. This also includes the transitional process for BC Registered Societies, which have to upgrade their Constitution and Bylaws so that they are now compliant to the new Societies Act.
Therefore if you are unsure about completing the community gaming grant application, or about the online application process, we can help assist you, advise you and guide you through the application process making sure you have all required documents that you need and that they are all attached to your application so that your non-profit organization has the best chance to succeed in getting a community gaming grant. If you can not meet with us, we can meet with you.
Important Dates and Events:
- Coordinator Linda Ash begins her Spring work period on March 4/19. It ends on May 31/19. Please email us at email@example.com if you need assistance with your community gaming grant application or gaming event license.
- The new Community Gaming Grants Guide for 2019 will come into effect on February 1/19 and will be applied to all community gaming grant applications from all sectors for 2019.
- The application period for the Arts/Culture Sectors is from February 1/19 to April 30/19.
- The application period for the Sports and Special Olympic Sector is from March 1/19 to May 31/19.
- The application period for the School PACs and School District DPACs is from April 1/19 to June 30/19.
- The Community Gaming Grant Workshops for BC Peace River Region. The Dawson Creek Workshop will be on Saturday morning, April 6/19 from 9:30 am to 11:30 am at the Dawson Creek Curling Rink, located at 1113-106 Ave., Dawson Creek, BC. The Fort St. John Workshop will be Saturday afternoon on April 6/19 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Fort St. John Senior Citizens Hall 10908 – 100 St, Fort St. John, BC. in Fort St. John in the afternoon. The major topic will be a power point presentation on the Community Gaming Grants Guide for 2019 and the new changes to it. All nonprofits and charities are invited to attend.
- Registration for both workshops begins on March13/19 and ends on March 29/19. All Nonprofit Organizations can send two delegates. All delegates can register at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each delegate must specify which workshop they are planning to attend.
- On the day of the workshop, each delegate must sign in. For Dawson Creek the sign in time is from 9:00 am to 9:30 am. For Fort St. John, the sign in time is 1;30 pm. to 2:00 pm
- Next Regular General Meeting of the NLCCGA will be Thursday, April 25/19 at the Child Development Centre 9001 – 10th Street, Dawson Creek, BC. The meeting will start at 7:00 pm.
- The web page was updated on March 13/19.
Membership is $10.00 a year due every September for any Non-profit organizations located in the Peace River Region of British Columbia. Therefore we are encouraging all Non-profit organizations located in Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge, and from any other community in the Peace River Region to join us. Besides Membership rights, you will have free access to our services and to the information on the Gaming Association’s website http://www.northernlightsgaming.ca .
If you would like to become a member or want more details about our association, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at PO Box 2054, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4K8. See Contact page for more details as well.