“Need Assistance Getting a Community Gaming Grant?”
“Let Us Help You!!!”
Who we are:
The Northern Lights Community Charitable Gaming Association is made up of 34 non-profit organizations from the communities of the Peace River Region of British Columbia. We are located in Dawson Creek, BC and we meet 4 times a year on the 4th Thursday of the month in April, June, September and November at the Child Development Center 9001 10th Street in Dawson Creek, BC.
Our main purpose is to help advise and assist our members complete their BC Community Gaming Grant Applications so that they are successful in getting the grant funding they need, to help improve the quality of life for the people in their area of the Peace River Region in British Columbia.
The areas of focus are Arts/Culture, Sports, Public Safety, Education and Human and Social Needs.
Our second purpose is to be a liaison between the Community Gaming Grants Branch (CGGB) and our members by conveying important policy and regulation information from the CGGB to our members as well as conveying any concerns that our members may have to the CGGB about the online application; and the interpretation of any of their policies and any of their regulations. This includes the reconsideration process if our members’ grants are denied, or any other issue they may have regarding the online application process itself.
Furthermore, we can also assist our members with their gaming event licence applications, and their gaming event reports for the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch.
In addition, we can provide assistance with any form that needs to be completed for the BC Registry Service, and their online service process. This also includes the transitional process for BC Registered Societies, which have to upgrade their Constitution and Bylaws so that they are now compliant to the new Societies Act.
Therefore if you are confused about completing the community gaming grant application, or going through the application process especially online, we can help assist you, advise you and guide you through the application process making sure you have all required documents attached so your non-profit organization has the best chance to succeed in getting a community gaming grant. If you can not meet with us, we can meet with you.
Important Dates and Events:
- Coordinator Linda Ash will be available to assist you with your community gaming grants from March 5/18 to May 31/18. Please email her at email@example.com.
- Arts/Culture Sector’s application period for their community gaming grant is Feb. 1/18 to April 30/18
- Sports Sector, which includes Special Olympics, their application period for their community gaming grant is March 1/18 to May 31/18.
- Next Regular General Meeting of the NLCCGA will be Thursday, April 26/18 at the Child Development Centre 9001 – 10th Street, Dawson Creek, BC. The meeting will start at 7:00 pm.
- The Transitional process for Registered Societies in BC to upgrade their constitutions and bylaws, so that they are compliant with BC’s new Societies Act, must be done by November 28/18. This Transitional process must be done through the BC Registry Services
- The web page was updated on March 7/18.
Membership is $10.00 a year for any Non-profit organizations located in the Peace River Region of British Columbia. Therefore we are encouraging all Non-profit organizations located in Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge, and from any other community in the Peace River Region to join us. Besides Membership rights, you will have free access to our services and to the information on the Gaming Association’s website http://www.northernlightsgaming.ca .
If you would like to become a member or want more details about our association, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at PO Box 2054, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4K8. See Contact page for more details as well.