“Need Assistance Getting a Community Gaming Grant?”
“Let Us Help You!!!”
Who we are:
The Northern Lights Community Charitable Gaming Association is made up of 38 non-profit organizations from the communities of the Peace River Region of British Columbia. We are located in Dawson Creek, BC and we meet 4 times a year April, June, September, and November. The 4th Thursday in April and September and the 1st Thursday in June and November. The meetings are held at the Child Development Center 9001 10th Street in Dawson Creek, BC. However, the June meeting will be held in Fort St John this year. The Fort St. John meeting place will be announced later.
Our main purpose is to help advise and assist our members to complete their BC Community Gaming Grant Applications and their Capital Project Grants, so that they are successful in getting the grant funding they need, to help improve the quality of life for the people in their area of the Peace River Region in British Columbia.
The areas of focus are Arts/Culture, Sports, Public Safety, Education, Public Safety and Human and Social Needs.
Our second purpose is to be a liaison between the Community Gaming Grants Branch (CGGB) and our members by conveying important policy and regulation information from the CGGB to our members as well as conveying any concerns that our members may have to the CGGB about the online application; and the interpretation of any of their policies and any of their regulations. This includes the reconsideration process if our members’ grants are denied, or any other issue they may have regarding the online application process itself.
Furthermore, we can also assist our members with their gaming event license applications, and their gaming event reports for the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB).
In addition, we can provide assistance with any form that needs to be completed for the BC Registry Service, and their online service process. This also includes the transitional process for BC Registered Societies, which have to upgrade their Constitution and Bylaws so that they are now compliant to the new Societies Act.
Furthermore, we can assist our Arts/Culture sector members with their Multiculturalism Grants.
Therefore if you are unsure about completing the community gaming grant application or any grant mentioned above, or about the online application process, we can help assist you, advise you and guide you through the application process making sure you have all required documents that you need and that they are all attached to your application so that your non-profit organization has the best chance to succeed in getting a community gaming grant. If you can not meet with us, we can meet with you.
Important Dates and Events:
- Linda Ash’s Spring work period starts on March 2/20.
- If you need assistance for your community gaming grant application from December 1/19 to February 29/20 please contact R. Le Gear at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Application period for Community Gaming Grants for Arts/Culture Sector is February 1 to April 30th
- The Application period for Community Gaming Grants for the Sports Sector and Special Olympics is March 1 to May 30.
- The Application period for PAC and DPAC Grants is from April 1 to June 30.
- Next NLCCGA General Meeting is April 23/20 at the Child Development Centre 9001 – 10th Street in Dawson Creek, BC. The meeting starts at 7:00 pm.
- The annual Community Gaming Grants Workshop will be held in April at Dawson Creek and in May at Fort St. John. Both workshops are free and open to all nonprofit organizations in the Peace River Region.
- The web page was updated on February 10/20.
Membership is $10.00 a year due every September for any Non-profit organizations located in the Peace River Region of British Columbia. Therefore we are encouraging all Non-profit organizations located in Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge, and from any other community in the Peace River Region to join us. Besides Membership rights, you will have free access to our services and to the information on the Gaming Association’s website http://www.northernlightsgaming.ca
If you would like to become a member or want more details about our association, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at PO Box 2054, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4K8. See the Contact page for more details as well.