“Need Assistance Getting a Community Gaming Grant?”
“Let Us Help You!!!”
Who we are:
The Northern Lights Community Charitable Gaming Association is made up of 39 non-profit organizations from the communities of the Peace River Region of British Columbia. We are located in Dawson Creek, BC and we meet 4 times a year April, June, September, and November. The meeting days have been changed to the first Wednesday of April, June, September, and November. The meetings are held at the Child Development Center 9001 10th Street in Dawson Creek, BC. However, the June meeting will be held in Fort St John this year at the North Peace Cultural Centre. All the meetings start at 7:00 pm.
*Please Note: Due to the Coronavirus 19 restrictions, all NLCCGA meetings will be virtual meetings until further notice. Secondly, due to the availability of the Zoom platform, the dates and times of these meetings may vary. However, the membership will be informed in advance by email, concerning the dates and times of these meetings.
Our main purpose is to help advise and assist our members to complete their BC Community Gaming Grant Applications and their Capital Project Grants, so that they are successful in getting the grant funding they need, to help improve the quality of life for the people in their area of the Peace River Region in British Columbia.
The areas of focus are Arts/Culture, Sports, Public Safety, Education, Public Safety, and Human and Social Needs.
Our second purpose is to be a liaison between the Community Gaming Grants Branch (CGGB) and our members by conveying important policy and regulation information from the CGGB to our members as well as conveying any concerns that our members may have to the CGGB about the online application; and the interpretation of any of their policies and any of their regulations. This includes the reconsideration process if our members’ grants are denied, or any other issue they may have regarding the online application process itself.
Furthermore, we can also assist our members with their gaming event license applications, and their gaming event reports for the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB).
In addition, we can provide assistance with any form that needs to be completed for the BC Registry Service, and their online service process. This also includes the transitional process for BC Registered Societies, which have to upgrade their Constitution and Bylaws so that they are now compliant to the new Societies Act.
Furthermore, we can assist our Arts/Culture sector members with their Multiculturalism Grants.
Therefore if you are unsure about completing the community gaming grant application or any grant mentioned above, or about the online application process, we can help assist you, advise you and guide you through the application process making sure you have all the required documents that you need and that they are all attached to your application so that your non-profit organization has the best chance to succeed in getting a community gaming grant. If you can not meet with us, we can meet with you.
Important Dates and Events:
- If you need assistance with your Community Gaming Grant, your PAC/DPAC Grant, or your Capital Project Grant, please contact Coordinator L. Ash at email@example.com from September 1/20 to November 30/20.
- The Northern Lights Community Charitable Gaming Association (NLCCGA) will be having a Virtual Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, October 07/20 starting at 7:00 pm. We will be using the Zoom Platform. The link and details to join the virtual meeting have been already sent to the membership by email.
- The annual NLCCGA membership fee of $10.00 for 2020/2021 is due on September 30/20. Please mail your payment to the following address: NLCCGA, PO Box 2054, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4K8
- The application period for the Human and Social Sector is open. The final deadline is November 30/20.
- Since the Community Gaming Grants Branch gave priority to Human and Social Needs applications early this year, this action may cause a delay for all groups receiving their official results in the other sectors. For example, PACs/DPACS will receive their grant results in October instead of September. All other Sectors will receive their results in due course up to February 28/21.
- The Application period for Capital Project Grants was from June 19/20 to August 14/20. Notification for these grants will be November 20/20.
- The web page was updated on September 29/20.
Membership is $10.00 a year due every September for any Non-profit organizations located in the Peace River Region of British Columbia. Therefore we are encouraging all Non-profit organizations located in Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge, and from any other community in the Peace River Region to join us. Besides Membership rights, you will have free access to our services and to the information on the Gaming Association’s website https://www.northernlightsgaming.ca
If you would like to become a member or want more details about our association, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at PO Box 2054, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4K8. See the Contact page for more details as well.