“Need Assistance Getting a Community Gaming Grant?”
“Let Us Help You!!!”
Who we are:
The Northern Lights Community Charitable Gaming Association is made up of 32 non-profit organizations from the communities of the Peace River Region in British Columbia. We are located in Dawson Creek, BC and we meet 4 times a year in the months of April, June, September, and November. The general meeting days are usually the first week of June, and November, but the April General Meeting and the September Annual General Meeting will be on the 4th week of the month. Presently the General Meetings will be virtual meetings to accommodate our members in Fort St. John. However, the Annual General Meeting in September will be both an in person and a virtual meeting to accommodate the representatives who cannot attend the meeting in person.
Our main purpose is to help advise and assist our members to complete their BC Community Gaming Grant Applications, their Capital Project Grants, and their Gaming Account Summary Reports. Furthermore, we will also help them with the online submission of their applications. Ultimately, our members will be more successful in getting the grant funding that they need, to programs and services to help improve the quality of life for the people in their community and their surrounding area in the Peace River Region of British Columbia.
The areas of focus are Arts/Culture, Sports, Public Safety, Education, Public Safety, and Human and Social Needs.
Our second purpose is to be a liaison between the Community Gaming Grants Branch (CGGB) and our members by conveying important policy and regulation information from the CGGB to our members as well as conveying any concerns that our members may have to the CGGB., like any issues with the online submission of their application; and the interpretation of any of the CGGB policies and regulations.
Other services that we provide for our members are to assist them with their gaming event license applications, and their gaming event reports for the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB). In addition, we can also provide assistance with any form that needs to be completed for the BC Registry Service, and their online submission process.
Therefore, if you are unsure about completing the community gaming grant application; or any of the grants mentioned above; or about their online application process; we can help assist you, advise you, and guide you through the application process. We want to make sure you have all the required documents that you need and that they are all attached to your application so that your non-profit organization has the best chance to succeed in getting a community gaming grant.
Finally, if you cannot meet with us, we can come and meet with you. Contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements for a meeting.
Important Dates and Events:
- If you need assistance completing your Community Gaming Grant Application, please contact Coordinator Linda Ash at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need assistance completing your Gaming Account Summary Reports, please contact us at email@example.com as well. These reports must be completed and submitted to the Community Gaming Grants Branch within 90 days of your organization’s fiscal year-end.
- The Northern Lights Community Charitable Gaming Association (NLCCGA) is holding their Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, September 26/23 at 7:00 pm at the Kiwanis Performance Arts Centre (Calvin Kruk Arts Centre) which is located at 10401 10th Street, Dawson Creek, BC. This meeting will also be streamed on Zoom from the same location at the same time.
- Community Gaming Grants application period for the Human and Social Services Sector is from August 01/23 to November 30. Official notification by February 28/24
- The web page was updated on September 18, 2023.
Membership is $20.00 a year due every year by the end of September 30th for any Non-profit organizations located in the Peace River Region of British Columbia. Therefore, we are encouraging all Non-profit organizations located in Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge, and any other community in the Peace River Region to join us. Besides Membership rights, you will have free access to our services and to the information on the Gaming Association’s website https://www.northernlightsgaming.ca
If you would like to become a member or want more details about our association, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at PO Box 2054, Dawson Creek, BC V1G 4K8. See the Contact page for more details as well.